2017 is a milestone year for BirdDogHR. Not only are we proudly celebrating our 20th year in business, we have added customer #1000 and are looking forward to innovations in our SaaS products and services offering and continuing to enhance customer success.
Recognized by industry leaders at both a local and national level, creativity at BirdDogHR is incredibly high and built on a strong foundation of success. The company’s focus on integrated and complete talent management including recruitment, onboarding, performance management and goal setting, employee training and development, succession planning along with meeting HR compliance requirements enables human resources and talent management leaders alike to automate, streamline and effectively manage and enhance the employee experience and company productivity.
Thank you to our loyal employees and customers for powering the company’s sustained growth and innovation and mounting momentum. 20 years of success is a huge accomplishment. Cheers to the next 20 years!
BirdDogHR 20 Years in Review:
- 1997: The company is founded as a job board focused in the mechanical, electrical and plumbing industries. The company is incorporated under the name Industry People Group.
- 2008: The company forms partnership with AGC of IA to create the AGC of IA Career Center.
- 2010: The company changes its name to BirdDog to reflect focus on Applicant Tracking System (ATS) software and recruitment services. Software is compliance-focused to serve the needs of federal contractor customers.
- 2013: Todd Skokan joins BirdDog as CEO. He assembles a leadership team of talent management experts to complement the existing recruiting and job distribution expertise.
- 2014: The company becomes an affinity program provider for the AGC of America and adds a new account management focus to ensure customer success.
- 2015: BirdDog rebrands to BirdDogHR and releases a complete talent management suite featuring recruiting and ATS, Onboarding, Performance Management, Learning Management and Succession Planning. By Q3 the user interface is completely integrated and mobile-friendly. The company is named to Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing Companies and Iowa Top Workplaces and relocates to new corporate headquarters to facilitate growth.
- 2016: BirdDogHR remains on the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing Companies and Iowa Top Workplaces. Hundreds of new customers are added and existing customers readily adopt more modules from the talent management suite. The company expands product development and services focus adding new positions in this area. The company boasts 95% customer retention.