The Millennial generation, individuals born between 1982 and 2004, are stepping into leadership positions more rapidly than you might think. Having a diverse, open-minded work environment is never a bad thing, which is why Millennials are crucial to organizational success. Five benefits of having Millennials in your workplace are that they are:
- Fast learners. Having grown up in the age of technology, Millennials are very apt to new and innovative ways of carrying out tasks. They have an innate ability to grow with technology and roll with the changes as they come. The great thing about this is that they are comfortable with change and are more than willing to learn and develop alongside your organization.
- Appreciative of diversity and culture. They understand how crucial it is to have diversity and variety in the workplace, as it creates stimulates conversation and ideas. Millennials define diversity as being a team comprised of a mixture of all types of backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints.
- Able to recognize the importance of employee satisfaction. This generation cares more about how they are treated than their wage. By issuing out incentive programs, creating a welcoming atmosphere and genuinely instilling company values in creative ways, Millennials will enjoy the work they’re doing, in turn, sticking around longer.
- Results-driven. Contrary to the myth that Millennials constantly need praise, they are simply results-driven. This means that your annual performance reviews may not be enough for this eager, fast-paced generation. By giving frequent feedback in addition to annual reviews, your Millennial workforce will be set on the right track and headed toward success.
- Seeking a stable career. With a little help from your organization’s succession plan, Millennials are interested in staying in one career. They believe in two-way streets, or open lines of communication and collaboration, and will stick to a job that they feel appreciated in and at a company that provides room for growth and opportunity.
BirdDogHR has a lot of experience with helping businesses recruit, hire and retain top talent using straightforward and user-friendly software to source qualified talent, while staying compliant. Learn more about BirdDogHR’s talent management system, or schedule a demo to see our ATS and Onboarding software in action.