Careers at BirdDogHR
Ready to find your favorite job? Join the BirdDogHR team.
Like to Have Fun, Innovate, Contribute and Be Rewarded?
BirdDogHR President & CEO Todd Skokan explained our philosophy the best – “It takes an entire company to achieve the success accomplished by BirdDogHR. I could not be more proud of the accomplishments of this team. I want to thank everyone at BirdDogHR for their hard work, creativity, innovative approach and willingness to work harder than ever.”
We believe that providing a rich work environment is critical to the success of our employees. It leads to greater engagement with our clients, increased development of our staff, a culture of innovation and a more enjoyable work environment for everyone. Each member of our team plays a vital role in the success of our organization and we try to reward each employee accordingly.
- Work Environment – A friendly, engaging environment of open communications and idea sharing.
- Personal Growth – The BirdDogHR leadership team is dedicated to every employee’s personal growth. Whether it's learning a new skill, challenging them to innovate or becoming a better leader, our employees are coached to become the best they can be.
- Collaboration – We believe we operate best as a team. Our organizational structure is flat. We trust each team member to contribute to our success.
- Transparency – To function as a truly successful team we foster a culture of transparency. Want to know what’s going on? Just ask your manager and he or she will fill you in, or you can wait until the next monthly company lunch meeting.
- Training – Every employee needs (and wants) to understand what we do. We provide a full training and onboarding plan with periodic learning sessions companywide. In many cases, employees are cross trained in more than one role. This supports the company needs as well as the growth needs of the individual.
- Family – As a small business we have the luxury to enjoy a close knit environment. We frequently gather together for lunch or during other team-building activities.
- Benefits – We offer all the benefits you would expect, such as a competitive compensation plan, SIRA (401K) with company match, Life/Health/Disability, Holidays and PTO and a cafeteria plan.
At BirdDogHR we not only help companies build strong workforces, we help build a strong community. Day to day, we focus on our people helping people professionally and locally. We’re fortunate to have the ability to empower not only our employees but employees across the nation while making an impact in our own community including organizations such as:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Iowa Embrace a Family Donor Program — We sponsored several families with young children and donated toys, clothes and requested items, bringing these families joy and peace of mind during the holiday season.
- Ronald McDonald House — We provide charitable support to our local Iowa chapter, going towards enriching the quality of life for children and their families.
- Des Moines East Side Library — We volunteer with the annual book sale, sorting, moving and displaying books for their largest fundraiser of the year.
- Living History Farms — We volunteer to help prepare their facilities for summer whether it's yard work, building or cleaning, our people are here to help.